Friday, September 18, 2009

Cubicle Food, Survive ANY project climate in a healthy way...

Food, it loves me and I it. Food it moves me and is something I've always enjoyed. Food, when your 6'7" and 220 lbs it gets expensive...

Cubicle Food, by my definition, is food that you can keep and prepare in your cube at work without having to use such luxuries as the fridge down the hall. After all the security guard likely steals out of it for his midnight snack. Some common examples include things like:

Granola
Clif Bars / protein bars
Beef Jerky
Oatmeal
Tuna (sauced up with Tabasco, or peppered.)
Peanut butter (slice a banana on some peanut buttered bread for energy)
Bread

These are just to name a few. Notice these aren't the usually unhealthy things sitting in our drawers like candy bars and gummy bears, although they have their place, I love me some gummy bears. If you were really looking for the self sustaining cubicle I suppose you could go more exotic and pack things like MREs into your cabinet.

If your into shopping on Monday to get food for the week to stock your cube you can even go fresh fruit routes, apples, bananas and even pears. Some times a fresh vegetable is called for like carrots or radishes. There are many possibilities and alternatives to snagging that bag of Doritos or powdered donuts out of the vending machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment