Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Extra ways to make money...

All to often we sometimes find ourselves looking for extra ways to make money when all we really need to do is look at some ways to spend less money. I'd throw out a guess that its easier to spend less money now then it is to make "extra" money. For example, for me a simple 10 minute exercise yielded a list of a few things I can do to spend less money on some of the things I love:

1.) Make my own coffee in the morning (use that wedding gift)
2.) Thrive at work on "cubicle" food. (post soon to follow)
3.) Drink more water (Nada on the vending machine soda)
4.) Buy more generic products (if you take the time you can figure out that Waly-Worlds "Apple express" is actually "Apple Jacks" in a different box. Seriously, prove it to me otherwise.)
5.) Read magazines at the rack and leave them there.
6.) Design and play test your own dice game with your loving wife instead of buying one.

As you can see its pretty easy when you think about it. So go ahead and give it a whirl and use your noggin.

1 comment: